YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
TASC Advocates provide a variety of services. We can help you solve the toughest long term care problems. Our advocates are carefully screened and trained, and most have had personal experiences that help them understand how hopeless and helpless you can feel when facing the machine that long term care has become. No matter how lost you feel, how hopeless the situation seems, there is usually a solution.
Some of the services we offer:
- Information about your concerns
- Telephone Consultation
- Referrals to resources that can help with specific issues
- Volunteer Advocates to visit the facility and work with care providers to improve the quality of care
We receive a variety of complaints. Examples of some of the most common:
- Involuntary Discharge
- Unexplained falls and/or injuries
- Financial/Billing Questions
- Weight loss and poor nutrition
- Medication Issues
- Overall poor quality of care
We are NOT Medical Professionals! We are professional, volunteer advocates. However, we do have consultants available who are doctors, nurses, and specialists in geriatrics. If needed, we can contact them for assistance.
We are also not attorneys, but we can refer you to attorneys who will consider your case. Unfortunately, Tort Reform has limited the ability to sue in cases involving senior citizens, however, if there is any possibility of legal action, we will do our best to help you find an attorney.